Please Read These Terms and Conditions Carefully Before Entering This Contest
- The Annual Repurposed Doodad Sculpture Competition (“the Contest”) is open to all Kindergarten through 12th grade students enrolled in public, charter, private, or home schools located within Hillsborough County, Florida (“Contestants”).
2. Contest will be run by the Doodad Committee (“we”, “us”, “our” or “our team”), part of nonprofit Tampa Regional Artists.
3. By entering the Contest, Contestants accept these Terms and Conditions together with any specific instructions, guidelines, policies, and terms for the Contest which may be mentioned on-air, in any electronic messages, or on the website, or communicated to Contestants in any other way (“Contest Information”). Such Contest Information shall prevail in the event of there being any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any Contest Information.
4. We may cancel or amend the Contest, Contest Information, Policies, or these Terms and Conditions without prior notice. Any changes will be posted either within the Contest Information or these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions were last updated February 1, 2021.
5. Our decision in all matters to do with the Contest will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Contest opens at 9:00 a.m. on February 6, 2021.
- The closing time and date for receipt of entries is 9:00 p.m. on April 16, 2021.
- Contestants are free to submit as many individual entries as they wish, and each entry will be judged separately within their specific grade category. However, Contestant sculptures are only eligible to receive one Blind Judge award and one Public Vote award (in respect of their entry, it’s the highest that will be used).
- To enter the Contest, Contestants must do the following:
- a) Register an account and upload and submit their entry information, sculpture information, sculpture photos, and video artist statement. Video files created using most digital cameras, camcorders and mobile phones such as in the .AVI, .MOV, .WMV, and .MPG file formats, are accepted.
- b) Read and accept the terms and conditions and provide additional contact details so we can contact you if your sculpture is selected as an award winner. Your details will be used solely for the purpose of administrating the competition.
- c) Adhere to the Copyright & Plagiarism Policy adopted by our team and agree that entered sculptures are original, meaning Contestants created work based on their own ideas, and did not copy it from any other person, business, school, or organization. Any sculpture that infringes on anyone’s intellectual property rights will be disqualified. Contestants, not our team, are responsible for getting any necessary consents or releases from people or for any places or property depicted in entered sculptures.
(d) Has asked a teacher, parent, or guardian to review, read, and upon entry into the contest has agreed to all Policies, Terms and Conditions, and Guidelines of this Contest.
- A Contestant’s Artist Statement Video entries must be entirely original to the Contestant(s), feature only the Contestant’s voice and words and not include the voice or other sounds made by third parties/people.
11. Entries must be completed in accordance with the entry process set out above. No other method of entry will be accepted. Entries which do not meet these criteria may not be considered.
12. Entries will not be complete until Contestant(s) have uploaded sculpture photos, their artist statement video entry and accepted these Terms and Conditions. We reserve the right to disqualify any entries submitted and/or finalized after the Contest has closed.
13. The Contestant must keep a digital or hard copy of their sculpture photos and artist statement video entry. If required, Contestants must supply the original recording of their video entry for use in connection with the Contest, including (but not limited to) for potential broadcast online or transmission by any electronic means.
14. All video artist statement entries will be subject to moderation. We and/or their agents have absolute discretion to accept or reject any video entry and to remove any video entry already accepted without giving reasons for the decision. We may in particular refuse to upload any video entry for the following reasons:
(a) inclusion of defamatory or malicious content.
(b) inclusion of content in video entries to which someone else owns the copyright or other intellectual property rights, such as music, singing, trademarks, logos, insignia, location signage, sculpture, posters, pictures, photographs or other artwork, music tracks, snippets of copyrighted programs, or films made by other users, without the requisite authorizations.
- c) breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- By entering the Contest, Contestants warrant that all information submitted by them is true, current, and complete. Contestants also warrant that they are the copyright owners of their sculptures and artist statement video entries which must be original works and must not infringe the intellectual property rights, privacy, or any other rights of a third party.
16. By entering the Contest, Contestants understand and agree that:
(a) Contestants grant us a worldwide, royalty free, perpetual, irrevocable, sub-licensable and transferable license which shall be exclusive for worldwide broadcast online and non-exclusive for all other forms of media to use their entries for whatever purpose including, without limitation, in connection with (i) any Program produced in relation to the Contest or containing any information in relation to the Contest, including, without limitation, promotion and redistributing part or all of any such Program (and derivative works thereof), and (ii) our internet websites, wireless applications, interactive television, video on demand and any other media or technology (including, without limitation, internet protocol, wireless or interactive platforms or interfaces) through which we distribute content to end users, whether now existing or hereafter developed in any and all media formats and through any and all media distribution and advertising and promotional purposes, without accounting, notification, credit, payment, or other obligation to Contestants. For the avoidance of doubt, these rights include, without limitation, the absolute right to edit and/or alter any entry, distribute and synchronize all or any portion of any entry in timed relation to any other visual elements; to web cast, pod cast, re-publish, re-broadcast, re-platform, port, syndicate, route, and link to and from all or any portion of any entry; to encrypt, encode and decode, and compress and decompress all or any portion of any entry; to edit, mix, combine, merge, distort, superimpose, create or add special effects, illusions and/or other material to or of all or any portion of any entry; to create composite, stunt, comic or unusual photographs, videos, animations, motion pictures and/or voice reproductions from all or a portion of any entry; and to excerpt and/or extract portions of any entry in order to host, store, index, categorize and display entries on or through the Platforms. We reserve the right to use (or not use) Contestants’ entries at all and/or as little of the entry as we so choose.
(b) the Contestants indemnify the Competition Parties (defined below) from any claim in respect of their entry.
(c) to the extent permitted by applicable law, the Contestants unconditionally give us their consent to any act or omission that would otherwise infringe on any moral rights they may have in and in relation to their entries, and they undertake that they will not institute, maintain or support any claim or proceeding for infringement of any moral rights you they may have in and/or in relation to their entries.
(d) the Contestants will retain any intellectual property rights they have in their sculptures, including copyright. This means, for example, Contestants can submit the same sculpture entered in this Contest to other contests, keep the work in their portfolio, and license it to others for non-exclusive publication.
- None of our, (volunteers, officers, servants, agents) or any other party or organization (including their, employees, officers, servants, agents) involved in the management, promotion, or administration of the Contest, or its entry, or implementation of any prize (or their agents or subsidiaries involved in any way in the Contest or any Award) (together the “Contest Parties”) will accept responsibility or liability for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorized access to entries, or entries lost or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions (including but not limited to security functions by software used by us or any third party), virus, bugs, or other causes outside its control. Proof of submission online is not proof of receipt by us.
18. Any entries which are incomplete, incorrect, inaudible, incomprehensible, may be void.
19. In the event of any fault, mistake, misunderstanding or dispute concerning the correctness or acceptability of the entry, or the operation of any part of the Contest, or the interpretation of these Terms and Conditions, the decision we make shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
20. We will not be liable to reimburse any expenses incurred in entering the Contest.
21. We reserve the right to disqualify any Contestants and/or entries which it believes have not been made in compliance with these Terms and Conditions, adopted Policies or to disqualify any Contestant found to have tampered with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to threaten, abuse or harass any other person.
- Judges and the general public will consider possible Awards from all eligible entries received.
23. Only the parent, teachers or students of award-winning sculptures will be notified.
24. The first names and surnames of students who created award-winning sculptures may be published.
25. We reserve the right to select an alternative award-winning sculpture in the event that a student, parent or teacher is unable to be contacted within 48 hours of the results.
Public Vote / People’s Choice Awards
- The general public will be invited to vote for their favorite People’s Choice Awards (“the Public Vote”). The voting will open using the below factors.
– You may vote online once every 24 hours.
– The system only counts unique votes (to counter vote fraud) (not shown on the front end).
– Voting is free, but you may be subject to your standard internet access charges or data charges if you are using a web browser on your mobile phone.
27.We reserve the right to disallow votes if it has reasonable grounds to suspect that fraudulent votes have been cast (i.e., more votes than a human being could possibly submit in the time available without the use of software or other devices designed to make automated votes). We reserve the right to disqualify any person or persons who engage in activity which could be designed to unfairly manipulate the outcome of the Public Vote.
28. Sculptures that receive the highest number of public votes will be People’s Choice Award winners. The monetary award and number of People Choice Awards is dependent upon the amount of funds donated by a sponsor or raised by our team.
29. In the event of an equal number of votes, all tied votes will be judged by our team who will determine at its sole discretion which sculpture to be included among the People’s Choice Awards.
30. We will take all reasonable steps to contact the winners using the details provided by the Contestant when they entered the competition but in the event of any failure to do so or a Contestant’s failure to respond within 48 hours of the results of the Public Vote being determined, we reserve the right, in its absolute discretion, to select an alternative winner from the sculptures that received Public Votes.
31. The winners must be available to take part in interviews and/or any other promotional materials and/or events if requested by us. In the event that a winner is not available when required, we may reserve the right, in its absolute discretion, to select an alternative winner.
Awards Selected from Blind Judging
- A jury of community members selected by us will blindly judge all eligible entries (“Blind Judging”) based on originality, unique use of the repurposed Doodad material, and adherence to the theme and guidelines.
Awards are comprised of:
First Place, Second Place, Third Place, and Honorable Mentions in each of the four (4) grade categories: K-2; 3-5; 6-8; 9-12. The number of Honorable Mention awards vary upon the number of entries in each grade category.
- We will take all reasonable steps to contact the award winners or their teachers using the details provided by the Contestant or teacher when they entered the competition but in the event of any failure to do so or a Contestant’s failure to respond within 48 hours of the results being determined, we reserve the right, in its absolute discretion, to select an alternative award winner from eligible entries after consultation with a simple majority of judges.
34. Monetary award amounts from Blind Judging are dependent upon the amount of funds donated by a sponsor or raised by our team. Monetary awards will be made payable to the teacher or school for award winning sculptures created by three or more students. Each award winner acknowledges that an award is not redeemable for or any other value or consideration.
35. The winners must be available to take part in interviews and/or any other promotional materials and/or events if requested by us. In the event that a winner is not available when required, we may reserve the right, in its absolute discretion, to select an alternative winner. In addition, we may in its sole discretion refuse to provide an Award from Blind Judging, or seek its recovery, in the event of non-entitlement under these Terms and Conditions or a Contestant’s breach of these Terms and Conditions, fraud, dishonesty, or other inappropriate or improper conduct.
Data Protection and Publicity
- The first names and surnames of the Award winners put through to the Public Vote and Blind Judging may be available from the date the various award winners are selected for a minimum period of six (6) months.
37. We may exercise its sole discretion to use all Award winners’ names, addresses, images, and their comments relating to Awards and Contest experience for promotion of the Awards, this Contest, or the Contest Parties, and for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media worldwide without notice and without any fee being paid.
38. The information Contestants supply in connection with the Contest (including their personal details):
(a) may be included in a database compiled for the Contest and will be used for the purposes of selecting Award winners and future notification and marketing purposes.
(b) may also be used for inclusion and/or read out in any program produced in connection with the Contest.
(c) will not be supplied to third parties (other than the Contest Parties) other than as is reasonably necessary to select Award winners and administer the Contest.
- Any personal information provided by the Contestants, will only be used by us in accordance with the Terms and Conditions of the Contest.
Permission for Reprints and Web Linking
- All material on our website or Contest platform is protected, without limitation, by U.S. and foreign copyright and trademark laws. To request permission to reprint any material contained on our website or Contest platform (outside of personal, non-commercial use), please email your request to: [email protected]
- Links to our website or Contest platform will: (i) link to the home page; (ii) will be in plain text, unless otherwise approved in writing by us; (iii) not damage, dilute or tarnish the goodwill associated with us or this Contest, or our programs or intellectual property; (iv) not create the false appearance or impression that you, your web site, your organization or any of your conduct is sponsored, endorsed by, affiliated or associated with us or this Contest; (iv) not link to any web site or other source that is unlawful, abusive, indecent or obscene, the promotes violence or illegal acts or that is otherwise inappropriate in our team’s sole discretion. We reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate any link from any web site. To request permission to place a link from your web site to our website or Contest platform, please email your name, address, web site URL, and the nature and purpose of the web site to: [email protected]
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude or limit us and the Contest Parties’ liability for death or personal injury caused by their staff or supplier’s negligence or for fraud. Subject to this, we and none of the Contest Parties can accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any Contestant entering the Contest or as a result of accepting an Award. Our team and none of the Contest Parties are responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to Contestant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Contest.
43. Our team and none of the Contest Parties promise that the services relating to the Contest will be free from errors or omissions nor that they will be available uninterrupted and in a fully operating condition. These services may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons reasonably beyond the control of us or any Contest Party. We will not be liable in the event that all or any part of the service relating to the Contest is discontinued, modified or changed in any way.
- In the event that any Contestant does not, or is unable to, comply with and meet these Terms and Conditions and the Contest Information, we shall be entitled at its sole discretion to disqualify such Contestant, without any further liability to such Contestant. In these circumstances, any Award won by the Contestant may be forfeited. All Contestants must comply with any directions given by us or any Contest Party including but not limited to any and all relevant laws, rules and regulations, and where applicable.
45. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Terms and Conditions shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Terms and Conditions shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
46. In the event of Contestant(s), teacher(s) or parent(s) of a Contestant has a dispute, they agree to follow these steps to resolve the dispute: 1) talk to Doodad Committee about their concern; 2) seek mediation if dispute remains after talking with Doodad Committee; 3) enter into arbitration as a last resort to resolve the dispute. Any monetary claims for settlement of a dispute are limited to the cost of sculpture materials plus reasonable labor costs for creating the sculpture. Entry of artwork indicates acceptance of all these conditions. If a dispute is not resolved through arbitration, these Terms and Conditions and the Contest Information shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Hillsborough County, Florida.
47. Any questions or inquiries may be sent to: [email protected]