ALMOST EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW:
6th Annual Re-Purposed Doodad Sculpture Contest will be held at the Tampa Firefighters Museum http://tampafirefightersmuseum.org/
Scuplture Delivery Deadline: Monday, April 10 and Tuesday, April 11
Guidelines: see below
Complete Online Entry Form: by April 5. See the Guidelines sheet below for the link.
This is always a fun and challenging sculpture contest! Start planning now for your students to participate. Again this year, Kathy Durdin, of Tampa Regional Artists and Doodad co-coordinator, raised almost $7,000 for student prizes, teacher prizes, and exhibition expenses.
What’s the Doodad this year?
- Campaign signs–any kind and all parts of the sign (paper, plastic, wire, wood, etc.)
- Carefully read and follow contest guidelines.
- This will be an interesting puzzle for your students to solve 🙂
Where, when, and how to pick-up FREE campaign signs?
- Where? City of Tampa Parks Department, a bin behind the ranger station at Lowry Park (not the zoo).
- When? January 15 – February 26
- Time? any time during normal Lowry Park hours (sunrise to sunset)
- How? First come, first serve. (No City of Tampa staff will be available to assist with loading signs into vehicles.)
What are the themes? (all sculptures MUST fit into one of these themes)
- Tampa History (Gasparilla, Ybor City, people, buildings, etc.)
- U.S. History theme (people, buildings, monuments, events, etc.)
- Firefighters as Superheroes (celebrating firefighters and the work they do)
SIGN PICKUP DIRECTIONS!
Please click here to get the directions and map: SIGN PICKUP DIRECTIONS
REVISED 2017 GUIDELINES as of 11/15/2016 — Click on the image to download the LATEST 2017 Competition Guidelines sheet containing the contest rules and schedule dates! Check back occasionally for updates.
COPYRIGHT— Need to know more about copyright and plagiarism? Click on the image to download the Copyright and Plagiarism guide used by the school district.
DOODADS VIDEO on YouTube!
CLICK HERE to view the 18 minute Doodads documentary by Ethan Huggins, highlighting the successes and history of the Doodads competition. This video was featured at the 2015 Doodads Awards Reception and in the Doodads exhibit at the Tampa Bay History Center.
We are excited to announce that our Presenting Sponsor is once again Hill Ward Henderson!
The Frank E. Duckwall Foundation joins presenting sponsor Hill Ward Henderson in sponsoring again this three dimensional art competition for Hillsborough County Students grades K-12.
“The Frank E. Duckwall Foundation is pleased to support this program designed to reinforce arts education and challenge students at all grade levels, as well as build the 4 C’s of 21st Century skills, collaboration, communication, critical thinking and creativity. The exhibition at the Tampa Bay History Center showcases this creativity to the entire community, ” said Sandy Rief, President, Frank E. Duckwall Foundation.